-->

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My Job 02 - Cleaner


     If you were to surprise visit me and just happen see my bedroom and car in the process, you'd probably ask yourself, how the heck does this girl still have her job as a cleaner? I can't even see her floor!  I mean...you wouldn't be wrong!

     I've always thought it funny that me, a not exceptionally neat person, was asked if I wanted to spend every Thursday night cleaning a landscape business.  I slept on the offer, mulling it over if I really wanted to spend an evening once a week wiping away dust and scrubbing at a man's toilet.  But being a broke-but-not-completely-moneyless teenager, I said the three letter word that starts with a "y".  

      I've been cleaning there for 1 1/2 years now and yesterday, I sent in my two weeks notice because let's face it, cleaning the same building gets old.  I was beginning to feel like a robot and every evening there suddenly became a routine.  I wipe down counters, L vacuums, I clean bathrooms, I empty trash, I clean toilets, L mops, and so on and so on.  There were the fun times though.  We once couldn't figure out how to turn off the hose in the back room once and created a mini flood.  We've hacked onto one of the computers to play Pandora and then deleted it from history once it was time to leave.  We've spent multiple evenings sprinting back and forth so we could get somewhere we'd rather be sooner.  And if the boss man ever checked his security cameras, he'd see multiple dance and jam sessions.

     And that, my friends, was my experience as a glove wearing, bottle spraying cleaner.  Now I just need to find me another job...

Dream big, Darlings!


6 comments:

  1. awwww. best of luck with the new job hunting! I hope you can find something you fall in love with <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE THOSE LEGAL PAPERS IN THE BACKGROUND?...
    KIDDING. Ah man it sounds like it is time to throw in the towel (hah the pun) But seriously, life should be pretty good now that you have opened more opportunities up! CONGRATS!!!!...? Sounds wonderful. Wishing you the best!
    And its great to see you back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO, I MUST GO OFF THE GRID IN FEAR OF THE FBI TRACKING ME DOWN!!!!
      Just kiddingggg! No more off-the-grid-Sarah! I have never been happier to be back!

      Thank you!! I'm pretty excited!

      Delete
  3. I can see why you would be ready for a bit of a change, haha! I hope that you find a wonderful new job!!

    ReplyDelete