-->

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Columbus, Ohio || June 2016

      So I have this fantastic aunt who lives in Columbus.  She lives in a small house with few rooms and it's decorated in a way that makes one feel like he/her is walking into a New York City loft.  It's paradise and because of this, I visit her as often as possible.  With every visit, she shows me new places she has discovered and new restaurants worth eating at.  We go on adventures throughout the day and in the late evening we sit on her couch, drink water out of wine glasses, and catch up on each other's lives.  Like I said before, Columbus with her is my favorite. 

     Now being that I'm almost 18 now, my mom finally let me drive to Columbus without her and I decided to bring my best friend along with me.  I've been wanting to show Rita the magic of Aunt Sheri's for ages now and the opportunity finally arrived so we ceased it!

Day One: Rita and I arrived in Columbus at 8pm.  We met up with Sheri at Jeni's Ice Cream.  (Highly suggested if you ever visit Columbus.  Tell the people behind the counter that you're new and try as many flavors as possible!)  Sheri then took us to the Field of Corn in Dublin.  One hundred and nine ears of random cement corn...it's quite an odd sight to see!




     Day Two:  Sheri made us the most delicious breakfast I have EVER tasted.  Rita and I got our eyebrows threaded which let me tell ya...it's painful, it's an experience, and it's worth it!  My eyebrows have never felt nor looked so good!  Just before my eyebrows were "miracle-ized", the old woman plopped me into the chair and in a thick Hispanic accent said, "Oooo, very bushy."  Ha!  Not anymore!
     Rita and I went shopping, we returned to Sheri's, and then all three of us went out to eat sushi.  Sushi is what I like to tell people, "The food God himself secretly made on the seventh day" because it's just that good.  I seriously love sushi.  Being that my best friend had never tried it and had listened to me for years rant about it's incredible flavor, she just had to try sushi!  She liked it...or so we thought...her hilarious quote after our large sushi meal was " I think I liked it less and less the more I had it."  Yes, she is still my best friend even though she does not like sushi.
     After sushi, we strolled through downtown Columbus.  It was a Friday night, it was Gay Pride weekend, and the streets were packed but I have found that I actually love crowds.  We browsed the few cute shops that were open and then just walked and walked and walked.  Para-para-paradise.













   Day Three:  The three of us woke up early, slipped into a pair of crazy patterned yoga pants and did what yoga pants are made for:  yoga.  In Old Hilliard, there's a free for all yoga class every Saturday at 8am.  The second hilarious quote from Rita was "My body probably liked it but I didn't like it."  
     Then we got a smoothie bowl from a small juice shop.  It was delicious!  From there we went to the Topiary Park to see just how cool the parks recreation of "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" really was.  It was interesting but now worth making a trip out there to see just that.       Sheri took us to German Village as well.  We walked through the Book Loft, ate macaroons, and devoured the most scrumptious gluten free pizza.  

     The time eventually came for Rita and I to return home to our quiet little country lives.  My least favorite part of traveling.








Until next time, Columbus!


Dream big, Darlings!


10 comments:

  1. Hi,
    That sounds like an amazing trip to your aunt and the photos are beautiful!
    Love, Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats best friend goals right there.

    its funny, Im actually going to do the same thing with my best friend :) visiting my aunt out of state and everything. I cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks!

      That's so cool! I hope you have a good time!

      Delete
  3. What?! I am so jealous of this amazingly fun looking road trip! I love the last photo, something I would do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing trip! Haha! It was actually my aunts idea!

      Delete
  4. This sounds like such a fun trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip- it looks like a blast! Also- the photos are gorgeous! So neat!

    ReplyDelete