-->

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A Lovely Green Lively Thing




     There's something about a plant that gives me so much joy.  Yes, they're adorable but there's more to it than just that.  It's the happiness that overcomes me when I buy a new plant, the relaxing feeling I get when I watch it drink up water, and the abundant love that overcomes me when I see it blossom and grow.  It's as if it becomes a part of me.  I want to see it thrive in life almost as if it was my own child.  Do I sound like a crazy plant lady yet?  Probably yes!  I will admit to it too!  In my room, I have two peace lilies, four bamboo plants, and one cactus.  My love for them is infinite!

And guess what?!  The purpose of this post is to turn you into a crazy plant lady too! 
 *evil laughter*


Why you should become a crazy plant lady:

It's like having a pet but less work and a child but less everything.  

It's been scientifically proved that plants help people mentally and physically.  They fight bacteria and boost one's mood and self esteem.

I don't have a green thumb and my plants are still living which means that if you don't have a green thumb as well, there is hope for you not being a plant killer!

The majority of them are inexpensive.  Ikea has a fantastic selection of small house plants.  I bought my lucky bamboo and cactus there for each under $3. 

They de-stress your life.

 They give a calming effect to yourself and whichever room they're in.  It's magic.

They're chic and exquisitely eye catching.

They give your room that "Tumblr look".

And my personal favorite...you can creep out your friends and have them question your sanity by giving your plants names and then by introducing your friends to your plants.  (friend's name here), this is my cactus, Stewart Livingston, and this is my peace lily, Baby, and my bamboo plant, Leyla!

They make you happy.

Buy a plant!

+++++

And that, folks, is the end of my you-should-buy-a-plant rant!  If I convinced you, please let me know because it'd make my day! :)


Dream big, Darlings!


10 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so pretty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is so aesthetically pleasing :) Thank you for following my blog, I followed you back! Can't wait to continue reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you fantastic person! That made my day!

      Thanks so much for stopping by, Lauren!

      Delete
  3. I'm afraid I'm stuck being a crazy cat lady. I have a bit of a reputation for killing plants xD

    Thank you for following my blog!! I absolutely adore yours:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha, but crazy cat ladies are the best ;)

      Thank you! I adore yours as well!

      Delete
  4. Plants! Yay! I have a tiny garden in my room too, and a regular sized one outside. The indoor ones are so much fun and so easy to care for, and, also, so beautiful. Crazy plant ladies are the best! *high fives you :) Also, I found your blog because you joined mine- thank you I am so glad that you enjoy my blog- and I am so surprised that I have not seen this amazing site before! It is absolutely gorgeous, and by the first three posts I was already totally captivated. Plants? Art? Did someone tell you all my favorite things? Anyways, I am so excited to join your lovely blog! Beautiful work!
    -Vivian
    http://moonsworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, crazy plant ladies unite!! I'm a bit new to the plant-loving community so it's sensational to meet someone who shares my passion! :D

      Ahhhh! I'm smiling so big right now! Thank you so much!! I am so so so thrilled that you like my blog and that we have so much in common! Thanks for stopping by, Vivian!

      Delete
  5. The other day I bought a cactus from a guy who grew then in his yard, it's in my living room now. I need to put it in a pretty put but I don't want to get poked! Plants are the best, I want to grow a garden but I live an in apartment. Potted plants will have to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Oh yes, transplanting a cactus is quite the challenge! That's too bad that you can't grow anything outside but I must say that inside plants are much more fun because, at least in my case, you can give them more attention!

      Delete