-->

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

An Essential Reintroduction


      Maybe you know me personally; or maybe we were once active followers on each other's blog; or maybe we both disappeared when I changed my link, title, and design to something entirely different.  I'm going to guess that most of you relate to option c) I disappeared entirely.  It seems to happen annually and with each time I think that this one will be the one.  There will be no more title/blog changes.  This is the one.  But to those of you who know me personally, you understand that I'm not a person who can make commitments.
     Here in 2016, I've spent my hours recreating and re-imagining the blog of my dreams.  The blog that will forever be what it is.  I think I've found it.  I think this is the one.  How do I know?  My mom has told me countless times that things just happen when the time is right and meant to be.  In the last few weeks, things have just happened.  Codes simply appear, words jump out at me, and designs that I have always dreamed of become a reality.  So let us cheer to my...third fresh start?

     With me turning a new leaf, an essential reintroduction feels like a must.  Sip some tea and let me tell you a little about myself so we can stand up and leave the room feeling like we've both made a new friend.

     - My name is Sarah.  I have never cared for my name for I don't feel any connection toward it nor do I feel that it expresses me, but it is what it is so I must accept it.
     - At this moment, I am seventeen years of age.
     - I'm a junior in high school and have been home schooled from day one.  It's an extraordinary experience with its many pros and fewer cons.
     - I live in a tiny town with surrounding tiny towns where everyone knows everyone and you have to drive a decent distance in order to find yourself surrounded by anything but corn fields.  It's peaceful but most of the time it's a little too slow for me.
     - I long for the life of someone who never stops seeing new places, learning new things, and meeting new people.
     - I have, what I call, ratchet hazel eyes (nobody knows what color they are), long brown hair, and lean odd limbs.  Random fact: When I was younger, I used to think I had cancer because my hands were larger than my face.
     - I buy more books than I can read, but it is a passion that will never cease.  Books and reading will be a guaranteed life of happiness and contentment.
     - I write a lot.  If my mom ever finds one of my journals, I'll be grounded for life.
     - I have a deep appreciation for art.  The art of painting, the art of photography, the art of music, the art of conversation, the art of loving, and the art of living.
     - I smile a lot without realizing that I'm smiling.  I just simply enjoy smiling.
     - I love the color red.  The red that is deeper than a ruby but nearly the same shade as blood.  I'd paint my walls in it if my mom wasn't so worried about it being one day impossible to paint over.
      - I wear a thick silver ring on my thumb because I don't feel like me when it's not on my finger.
     - I have a very large variety of music that I love to listen to.  A boy once stared at me and told me that he always tries to find a common pattern between the songs on my shuffle, but he simply cannot.  Every song that comes next is as different as the one before.
     - I absolutely adore cats because they're so odd and shopping because it's an addicting challenge to create an outfit that no one has ever seen before.
     - I don't eat gluten or carbonated beverages. (Yes, that means no pizza!)
     - I like drinking my water out of wine glasses because it makes me feel sophisticated.
     - I believe that everything happens for a reason.  Everything.
   
     *stands up, smiles*  I made a new friend today.


Dream big, Darlings!
   

6 comments:

  1. you sound like a wonderful person. Im new here so I have no idea how your blog used to look but I really like how it looks currently. your introduction was perfect :) we're a lot a like.
    I look forward to hearing from you more and reading what you have to say. have a great day, beautiful <3

    princessfaithm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked out your blog and wow, we are a lot alike!

      Thanks for stopping by, Faith!

      Delete
  2. Fun! And hello hello! Looking forward to seeing what this changed blog will bring. We both seem to be starting different chapters in our blogging life. Thank you for your help by the way! Laughed when you said if my mom finds my journals I'll be grounded for life. Same same. I don't do awful things but half the things I do sometimes are behind her back. Oops oh well, living on the edge I guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I love this comment. We are starting new chapters. We must help and inspire each other along the way so we don't fall behind in our blogging dreams. :)

      Ha ha! Glad I made you laugh! And living on the edge is where/when all the fun happens! Moms just don't see it that way. ;)

      Delete
  3. Um hi, this is the first time I've ever read your blog, but I LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH!! I was homeschooled as well and I DRINK MY WATER OUT OF WINE GLASSES TOO!! I feel like we could be best friends. (That's not creepy, is it?!) Anyway, love your blog!!
    Sophia
    theteentrepreneur.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, a fellow water-wine-glass-drinker!! I never thought I'd find one. So very nice to meet you! Pst, not creepy at all! I find myself telling the same thing to people. :)

      I LOVE your blog, too! You, my friend, are a woman of power!

      Delete