-->

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Vinyl Love




    crackle and static behind the piercing sounds of a voice carrying through the speakers.

vinyl love

your mind's up and above the stars just casually drifting into oblivion.

vinyl love

am I sitting in front of a vanity mirror with rollers in my hair through a vintage filter or am I laying in the bed of my New York City apartment with wide windows that look out and over the skyline?
the past or the future?

vinyl love

the music stops, the needle returns to its original position, your daydreams come to a halt, you open your eyes, your present life returns in grey colors.

vinyl love




     I inherited my grandma and grandpa's record player a few months ago after they both passed away.  My dad, aunts, and uncles grew up listening to the same distant cackles and static through the same speakers.  It's all very nostalgic.

Dream big, Darlings!

6 comments:

  1. I love it -- I actually just created a blog all about vinyl because I love it so much. (thevinylnotebook.blogspot.com/) Vinyl is the best. I love that you associate it with memories and family members, too. It's a very all-encompassing way to listen to, and feel, music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Erin.

      I checked out your blog and followed! I love it! <3

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blog and photos! :)

    -Elly
    http://a-girl-named-elly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elly!

      By the way, love your blog!

      Delete