-->

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Letters to my younger self.

Dear Beginning-of-Middle-School Me,

     You've got a bowl haircut, eyebrows that cover up half of your face, and a huge gap between your teeth.  I want to let you know that I approve.  Maybe a few years ago, I would of thought differently, but hey, you do you.  It didn't bother you at the time so I'm not going to let it bother me now.  It in a way defined you.
     However, we have close to nothing in common.  Even though you're me...doesn't make much sense.  Let me continue.  Little Sarah, country music is not the only music that exists in the world so expand your music habits!  Stop dreaming about having a boring little farm life and being the happiest old lady in the world with your old farmer husband! Go on an adventure and see the world!  Also, pick up The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen.  It will save future you and when I say "save", I mean you'll become a huge booknerd and reading will become your life.  This may sound bad to you, but it is actually GREAT.

Love,                      
Your friend           


Dear Seventh Grade Me,

     There is only one person in the world who I'd like to punch and that, Darling, is you.  I regret that you lasted as long as you did.  Shame, shame, shame.  You should of been shot down.  Where should I begin?  You're selfish, judgmental, basic, mean, etc.  I think you are in need of some lessons from your future self:
     1.  Stop trying to be like everyone else because it will get you nowhere!  You will be much happier if you'd just connect with your inner you and embrace it.  You may of had this cool vision of yourself being popular and preppy when you are seventeen, but I am here to tell you that all of your friends call you either Sasha, Izzy, Nanny, Mom, or occasionally Helen Keller.  I don't even know how these nicknames came about, but that's who you are when you're seventeen.
     2.  Stop flirting with all the dudes and wishing you had a boyfriend every second of everyday!  Yes, I'm sure a boyfriend would be great, but future you is here to tell you that when you're seventeen, you will not be kissed nor have a boyfriend because you accidentally friend zone everybody. IT'S FOR REAL A CURSE. (Present me, stop this.)  Focus less on boys and more on finding yourself.
     3.  I can't think of anything.  Just change everything about yourself and you'll do just fine.  Actually...
     4.  THAT IS NOT HOW YOU SHOULD PLUCK YOUR EYEBROWS.

   Love,                                                           
...oh wait, you don't deserve love.  Burn!   


Dear eighth grade me,

     This is the time in life where puberty's not in your favor.  Suddenly pimples are everywhere and you decide the best thing for you to do is shun yourself from the outside world.  You for the first and only time, truly hate yourself and what you see in the mirror.  You spend most of your time dreaming about the day you walk out the door without hiding behind your own hair.  You, in a way, hate the world.  I know you may not see it now, but one day you'll be thankful for this hell you had to experience.  It was the two years of hiding in your house where you discovered what the world had to offer and you discovered yourself.  If it wasn't for you,  Seventh Grade Sarah might of lived for eternity and that would of been very BAD.   You found your personality and everything else that created the person you are today.  Thanks, bae.

  Love,                                                                       
The girl who understands and believes in you.    


Dear Me of Now,

     Excuse me, Stranger Reading This, this is of no means a weird thing happening.  It's just me having a conversation with myself.  People do it all the time!  When I say "people", I mean my Mom when she thinks no one is around...
      Sarah/Sasha/Izzy/Nanny/Mom,  you've got to be the strangest person God has ever created.  You occasionally talk to people (mostly your little brother) in a wacked up squeaky voice and call your brother Juan, Shuan, or Shuanion.  I don't know why but it sure is fun!  You're seventeen and still don't know how to flirt with boys.  You somehow manage to friend zone boys without realizing it because you're just that natural around them.  I'm not sure if I should be mad or impressed!  You're family thinks you read and dream too much.  Pshhhhh, you're sane and that's all that matters!  Okay, this is getting weird.  Bye...me?

Love,                                      
A really awesome chick.     



       I hope you enjoyed this?  I don't know, but I'm going to a One Direction concert tomorrow night and I am FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.  This post was inspired by my new friend, Nine.  Check her out!  >>> here<<<


Dream big, Darling!
   

2 comments:

  1. AWWW. Loved this. (and freaking out cause you mentioned me and YES LET'S BE FRIENDS.)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOUUUU AND WE'RE NOW OFFICIALLY FRIENDS!!!

      Delete