-->

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Painted Music

     Also known as painted CD's hanging from a pole but Painted Music sounds cooler.  There is nothing I love more (well, besides books) than a tedious art project.  I can lock myself in my room for hours and come out with paint splattered all over myself.  It's utter bliss!  
     Painted Music is a project I took on back in September.  It was inspired by my cousin, Kayla.  She's somewhat of an artist genius if you ask me!  I, of course, asked if I could "copy" her idea and she, of course, said absolutely.  Here I am, months later, with a satisfied and exhausted mind to show you, my friends, how to make Painted Music.
    


Items needed:

  • CD's  (I used old unlistened ones from my family's CD rack but you can also buy blank ones.)
  • Acrylic paint
  • Paintbrushes
  • Mod Podge
  • Fishing wire or thread
  • A stick or pole of desired length
  • A hot glue gun
  • A scissors
  • Lots of free time (Just kidding...no really.)

Step One:  Prepare how you want your layout to look and how many CD's you want.
Step Two:  Paint the CD's.  Go crazy with colors!
Step Three:  Apply Mod Podge over finished CD to prevent chipping. (Make sure the painted CD is dry before using the Mod Podge!!!)
Step Four:  Paint the stick or rod.  You can use one base color or paint a pattern. 
Step Five:  Once all the CD's are painted and Mod Pogde-ed and the rod is painted and dry,  hot glue the fishing wire or thread to the back of the CD's.  Be sure to glue them down the center to make them hang nicer.  You can make as many or as few rows of hanging CD's as you'd like.
Step Six:  Tie the end of the fish wire or thread to the rod.  
Step Seven:  Hang your finished piece on your desired wall, pat yourself on the back, and acknowledge your work!



   
     P.S.  How's the weather where ever you're at?  It's still rainy and 50 degrees in Ohio and it's inspiring me to do nothing but sleep.  Summer, where are you!?  In the meantime, dream big, Darlings!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is so so cool! Must share on Pinterest.

    I know what I will be doing this summer.

    xx Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete