-->

Monday, May 12, 2014

To-Be-Read Jar

     I don't know about you, but my TBR (To Be Read) book list is HUGE.  Being the booklion that I am, I want to read and get my hands on every good book out there.  There's just one problem: I never know what book or series to start reading next because I'm equally excited to read all of them.  But don't worry, there's a solution!  I'd like to introduce you to the TBR Jar!

     
Items needed:

  • A jar with or without a lid 
  • Paper
  • Scissors 
  • Pen
  • Glitter (optional)
  • A Goodreads account or a list of books you want to read
Step One:  With the scissors, cut your piece of paper into slivers about a half an inch wide each.  
Step Two:  With your pen, on each slip of paper write the name and author of a book you want to read.  (For a series, only write the first book in the series.) 
Step Three:  When finished writing the slips of paper, place them in the jar.  You can fold them, turn them into little oragami stars, or not fold them, etc. 
Step Four (optional):  Sprinkle glitter into the jar.


     Now every time you want to read a new book, just stick your hand into your TBR jar and grab a single slip inside, read it, and TA DA! You know what book to read next!  It's pretty genius if you ask me...

xoxo,                 
Sarah              

3 comments:

  1. That's such a cute idea! By the way, I nominated you for the Sunshine award!
    http://katiesdollworld.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing idea! I should try doing this; whenever I go to the library, I'm like, "Wait, what books should I get?" And then once I get home from the library, I'm like, "ASDNFNASFNANFDFJNVJAFO, I should have searched and checked out these twenty books on my TBR pile!"

    xoxo Morning
    http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete