-->

Friday, January 31, 2014

New Year Resolutions 2014


     I am very much aware that it is almost February and not the beginning of 2014 but I'm going to make February my new beginning.  Through the month of January, I have been brainstorming ideas and goals I plan on meeting this year.  Usually, I never make resolutions but sometimes a change is always good. 
     Two thousand fourteen is my clean slate.  As some of you may know, 2013 was a pretty crappy year for me and I intend to leave it in the past forever.  I cannot be more excited to begin my New Year with confidence that this year will be different and better. 

Events to come of 2014:
  • Divergent movie, The Fault in Our Stars movie, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Amazing Spider Man 2, Mockingjay Part 1, and The Hobbit: There and Back Again!
  • OSU vs. Iowa basketball game
  • ProLife March in Washington DC
  • My brother's wedding- May 24th  
  • My cousin's wedding
  • Three graduation parties of my cousins
  • Volunteering at vacation bible school
  • My mom leaving for Germany for 2 weeks
  • Country Fest 2014
  • I turn 16
  • (Hopefully) Get my driver's license.
  • Second year of Catholic Family Land
  • Maybe a vacation to the beach?
  • My first year of going to a public school
  • Get my braces off

Goals/Resolutions for 2014

  • Exercise (run, workout, etc.)
  • Be more confident in myself
  • Be a better friend
  • Be less of a procrastinater 
  • Write. Write. Write.
  • Draw. Sketch. Paint.
  • Finish my studio
  • Paint a masterpiece
  • Play/learn my guitar
  • Join CYO basketball
  • Reach 100 followers on my blog
  • Have 300 followers on Instagram
  • Read 50 books
  • Make my first YouTube video
  • Have 100 YouTube subscribers
  • Journal EVERYTHING
  • Post 164 posts on this blog in one year
  • Be more dauntless ;)
  • Go to homecoming
  • Make a memory jar
  • Learn how to do graffiti 
  • Do my own version of Van Gogh's Starry Night
  • Learn to write calligraphy
  • Let my hair grow even longer
  • Do something that scares me
  • Finish all the seasons of a TV show

          I am so excited to begin this new year with a clean slate and new goals to conquer.  If you haven't created any goals for yourself this year, you should! Dare yourself to step outside your comfort zone, try new things, and make yourself a better person.  We all have hopes and dreams to accomplish one day and it's not just going to be a skip in the park; it's going to take time and maybe you'll go through some rough patches and feel like giving up. So take baby steps.  Write down the goals you need to do to get to your dream.  Each year make a list and you'll slowly make your way across the stepping stones of life. You'll feel much better about yourself at the end of the year, as well. So tell me, what goals are you going to complete this year?

xoxo,               
Sarah           


3 comments:

  1. Sarah,I want you to know that you are truly an amazing friend. Trust me you don't need to be a better friend. You have done so much for me and I bet a lot of other people. And you being my friend has made my life so happy. I can't imagine my life without you. So yeah you pretty much don't need to be a better friend.

    OH MEH GOSH!!! I WANT TO DO THE SAME THING! BE MORE DAUNTLESS!!!! GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE MY DEAR! So I was thinking about doing a weekly post on my blog about me being dauntless doing stuff out of my comfort zone. We should try and do it together if you want.
    I'm really hoping to her my braces off soooooon. It's seems like I have had them on forever!!!!
    Sweet 16 girly whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome choices , there is a ton of resalotions [spelled that wrong] lol i hope u finish them ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what?! It's not late at all for you to make your resolutions, because this is Chinese New Year! You can start over on a fresh page using the "Chinese" calendar. :)
    I love your resolutions. :)
    ~ Laurel
    http://laurelsmemories.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete