-->

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Mortal Instruments City of Bones Movie Review

Ohhh the feels!
TITLE: The Mortal Instruments City of Bones
DIRECTED BY: Harold Zwart
BASED ON THE NOVEL BY: Cassandra Clare
CAST: Lily Collins, Jamie Campbell Bower, Robert Sheehan, Kevin Zegers, Lena Headey, Kevin Durand, Aidan Turner, Jemima West, Godfrey Gao with CCH Pounder, with Jared Harris and Jonathan Rhys Meyers
RATED: PG-13
GENRE: Fantasy, action, comedy, romance, violence
So first off, I'd like to say that this movie was SO INCREDIBLY RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING!!! On Sunday night, my mom and I were bored and I convinced her to take me to see The Mortal Instruments City of Bones which I have been wanting to see since it entered theaters! I was smiling like a dork through the entire movie and my mom said she even enjoyed it! Now let's review this baby!
Where do I even begin?
The actors and actresses were perfect. They were so talented and were very enjoyable to watch. The director did a fabulous job with showing all the emotions and feeling the characters had for each other. Jace was hilarious like from the book which made me laugh so hard in some parts! Each of the characters were exactly how I imagined in the City of Bones book. I fell in love with every character! The Silent Brothers were also just how I imagined them. They were sorta creepy but were also just how I imagined them!
The scenes were AMAZING! My heart literally stopped when I saw the institute! It was BEAUTIFUL! I can't even express the feels I was feeling! Hodge's library was also beautiful! It was the kind of library that every bookworm dreams about. Oh! Don't even get me started on the greenhouse and the midnight flowers!!! It was oh so gorgeous it made me want to cry. I would do ANYTHING to visit that place! The City of Bones itself was so cool and creepy at the same time, I loved it!
Although, of course, a lot of the parts were different from the book (which happens in every movie that's based off a book), it was still absolutely amazing! I was still so satisfied with every scene even if it was different from the book. Usually when I watch a movie that's based off a book and scenes are different or they left out a part, it makes me frustrated but The Mortal Instruments City of Bones was the complete opposite. I couldn't get enough of this flawless movie!
Okay, I hope you enjoyed my review! If you've read the books, WATCH THIS MOVIE! If you haven't read the books, read them and then WATCH THIS MOVIE! If you hate reading, then you should go WATCH THIS MOVIE! You will not regret watching this flawlessness! I want to go watch it again SOOOO bad which probably won't happen until it comes out on DVD (which I will definitely be buying, by the way).
STAY BEAUTIFUL!
                                                 XOXO,
                                                  Sarah Isabel

1 comment:

  1. I love this film and the books are equally amazing! I just tagged you in the Liebster Award too where bloggers can get to know each other. I'd love to hear your answers to my questions :) http://www.katieemay.co.uk/2013/09/10-questions-liebster-award.html

    Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete